Re: Ident authentication failed

От Ted To
Тема Re: Ident authentication failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks for the many responses I've gotten!  What a useful and welcoming community!

I finally managed to get it configured following: https://github.com/miniflux/miniflux/issues/80#issuecomment-375996546

On 3/26/20 4:24 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 3/26/20 12:40 PM, Ted To wrote:
Thank you -- I added two lines to the hba file to allow for ident authentication, restarted postgres and still the same errors.

Alright from here:

https://miniflux.app/docs/configuration.html
The Golang Postgres client pq is being used and:

"The default value for DATABASE_URL is user=postgres password=postgres dbname=miniflux2 sslmode=disable."

From here:

https://godoc.org/github.com/lib/pq#hdr-Connection_String_Parameters

"host - The host to connect to. Values that start with / are for unix
  domain sockets. (default is localhost)"

So unless you have specified a host in the conf file you need to be paying attention to the lines in pg_hba.conf that start with host.

Where the two lines you added above for host?

You can check what is happening on the server end by looking in the Postgres logs. That will also show you the connection string.

Do you have more then one instance of Postgres on the machine?