Re: Adding missing object access hook invocations

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Adding missing object access hook invocations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Mar-16, Mark Dilger wrote:

> Hackers,
>
> While working on object access hooks, I noticed several locations where I would expect the hook to be invoked, but no
actualinvocation.  I think this just barely qualifies as a bug.  It's debatable because whether it is a bug depends on
theuser's expectations and whether not invoking the hook in these cases is defensible.  Does anybody have any
recollectionof an intentional choice not to invoke in these locations?

Hmm, possibly the create-time calls are missing.

I'm surprised about the InvokeObjectDropHook calls though.  Doesn't
deleteOneObject already call that?  If we have more calls elsewhere,
maybe they are redundant.  I think we should only have those for
"shared" objects.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Berserk Autovacuum (let's save next Mandrill)
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Parallel leader process info in EXPLAIN