Re: trouble making PG use my Perl

От Steven Lembark
Тема Re: trouble making PG use my Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:07:29 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> You might be able to override that with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but it's
> a pain, and it will certainly not work if your homebrew libperl
> isn't 100% ABI-compatible with the system one.
>
> Personally I'd build plperl against the Perl you want to use it with.
> The rest of PG isn't dependent on Perl, so you could use the community
> install for the rest of it if you like.

Funny thing is that both PG and Perl are easy enough to build
from scratch and the centos compile of Perl at least is both
ancient and horrid enough (5.00503 compatibility, really?) that
it's easier to just shell-script both builds and run it overnight.

Q: How un-optimized and ancient is the PG on centos?

--
Steven Lembark                                        3646 Flora Place
Workhorse Computing                                St. Louis, MO 63110