Re: trouble making PG use my Perl

От Steven Lembark
Тема Re: trouble making PG use my Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 20:42:36 +0000
Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tom, I can see your point. With the right change to
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I can make `ldd plperl.so` point to my Perl, but as
> you say, I'm probably playing with fire to expect it all to be 100%
> compatible between Perl 5.10.1 (Centos 6 default) and 5.30.1 (mine).

Note that you don't *want* to be binary compatible with the junk
they distribute.

Unless you really expect to have copies of 5.00503 running?
No, probably not.

RH and Debian distros are distriuted by heavy Python users who
go out of their way to hamstring Perl at every step. Unless
things have changed massively, the Perl they distribute is not
only out of date it's nearly broken out of the box. Try running
"perl -V" sometime and review the "config_args" values.

enjoi

--
Steven Lembark                                        3646 Flora Place
Workhorse Computing                                St. Louis, MO 63110

Сообщение: Re: trouble making PG use my Perl
Сообщение: Re: trouble making PG use my Perl