Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> Breaking userland backwards compatibility is a mortal sin, and one of the
> reasons that MS software is so popular is that they work so hard to *not*
> break userland backwards compatibility.

It's also a reason why it's a mess and not everyone is terribly thrilled
to have to deal with it.

Changes that break things on users should be considered and weighed, and
that's what the discussion here should be driving towards.  Neither
"never break anything ever" or "break everything every release" is
tenable.

Seems we've managed to do a pretty good job over time, based on what
I've heard and our popularity, and I dare say it'd be best if we
continued on in much the way we have these past decades.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0
Сообщение: Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0