Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: How to fix 0xC0000005 exception in Postgres 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Feb 22, 2020, at 4:28 PM, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:

 On 2/22/20 5:12 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On 2/22/20 2:39 PM, Andrus wrote:
[snip]
This is a different issue and involves a product VFP that is EOL 5-10 years depending on support package. I'm going to say the hand writing is on the wall and it is time to upgrade software.

I don't know where you work, but where I work, old programs where the source code disappeared ages ago, but have worked reliably for 15+ years is distressingly common.

Breaking userland backwards compatibility is a mortal sin, and one of the reasons that MS software is so popular is that they work so hard to not break userland backwards compatibility.

--

Apparently at the expense of forward compatibility;)