Re: pgsql: walreceiver uses a temporary replication slot by default

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: walreceiver uses a temporary replication slot by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 04:57:04PM +0300, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> Thank you, here is updated patch

Thanks

> I changed this comments because they describes behavior during
> change value of wal_receiver_create_temp_slot.  But yes, I need to
> add some comments to RequestXLogStreaming.

I have reworked that part, adding more comments about the use of GUC
parameters when establishing the connection to the primary for a WAL
receiver.  And also I have added an extra comment to walreceiver.c
about the use of GUcs in general, to avoid this stuff again in the
future.  There were some extra nits with the format of
postgresql.conf.sample.

>> As per the discussion done on this thread, let's also switch the
>> parameter default to be disabled.
>
> Done (my vote is also for disabling this option by default).

We visibly tend to move in this direction, at least based on our
discussion.  Let's see where this leads.  For now, I have registered
this patch to next CF (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/27/2456/),
with yourself as author and myself as reviewer, and then let's wait
for mainly Peter E. and others for more input.
--
Michael

Вложения