Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 2020-02-13 12:25:40 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:05:11PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Yes, LLVM would work on windows. I'd not even be surprised if one could
> > make it work on windows already when using a mingw based build, instead
> > of msvc.
>
> For MSVC, assuming that you have the proper dependencies for JIT
> compilation and LLVM available, and just for the reference if anybody
> is interesting in making that happen (Tom and Andres are aware of that
> already), one would need to do roughly an update of src/tools/msvc/ to
> add a new option path to LLVM, and update install-windows.sgml to add
> the new optional dependency.  Note that including LLVM in the builds
> means adding conditionally the files part of src/backend/jit/llvm/,
> but one can take for example OpenSSL as a model of how it happens.
> That would take care of the build.

That's not really the hard part. That's integrating the generation of
LLVM bitcode files into the buildsystem. As the absolute minimum
llvmjit_types.bc needs to be generated, but to be meaningfully supported
we'd need to generate all the .bc files we're generating on make based
builds.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1
Сообщение: Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1