Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: JIT on Windows with Postgres 12.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 12:05:11PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> Yes, LLVM would work on windows. I'd not even be surprised if one could
> make it work on windows already when using a mingw based build, instead
> of msvc.

For MSVC, assuming that you have the proper dependencies for JIT
compilation and LLVM available, and just for the reference if anybody
is interesting in making that happen (Tom and Andres are aware of that
already), one would need to do roughly an update of src/tools/msvc/ to
add a new option path to LLVM, and update install-windows.sgml to add
the new optional dependency.  Note that including LLVM in the builds
means adding conditionally the files part of src/backend/jit/llvm/,
but one can take for example OpenSSL as a model of how it happens.
That would take care of the build.  There may be some
Windows-dependent stuff needed to make JIT work properly on Windows
though.
--
Michael

Вложения