ccache is required by postgresql12-devel RPM

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема ccache is required by postgresql12-devel RPM
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

# I'm not sure -hakcers is the place for this, though..

I notieced that the official PG12-devel RPM pacakge for RHEL8 mandates
ccache being installed on building of an extension.

$ grep ccache /usr/pgsql-12/lib/pgxs/src/Makefile.global
CLANG = /usr/lib64/ccache/clang
# ccache loses .gcno files

However it can be changed by explicitly setting CLANG, it seems that
that setting is by accident since gcc is not ccachi'fied. Anyway, I'm
not sure but, I think that that decision should be left with extension
developers. Is it intentional?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi