Re: BUG #16161: pg_ctl stop fails sometimes (on Windows)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #16161: pg_ctl stop fails sometimes (on Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Whaaaaat!!

At Thu, 19 Dec 2019 23:22:52 -0500, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
> Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Hmm, makes one wonder whether that's actually live code.
>
> > Even if it is actually dead code, it seems reasonable as it stands
> > since it is intending to read status of an existing file and the
> > caller is assumed not to be knowing of ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED.
>
> What I was wondering about was how come, if stat() can see the specific
> error code ERROR_DELETE_PENDING, we don't get to see that from CreateFile.
> The whole reason we have a problem here is that CreateFile won't return
> that code :-( ... so it seems possible that the code in pgwin32_safestat
> is just wrong because the case never happens.

Ugggh! My eyes automatically converted it to
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED.. Yes, the condition never be true.

Even if we use ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED instaed, pgwin32_safestat cannot
tell STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED from STATUS_DELETE_PENDING. A possible
compromise would be the same looping with pgwin32_open, but I'm not
sure if it doesn't harm callers.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi