Re: BUG #16172: failure of vacuum file truncation can causepermanent data corruption

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: BUG #16172: failure of vacuum file truncation can causepermanent data corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

At Fri, 20 Dec 2019 11:00:28 +0900, TAKATSUKA Haruka <harukat@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in

> I found moving DropRelFileNodeBuffers() from top to end in function
> smgrtruncate() is a proper modification. It passed the regression test
> and this reproduction test.

I don't recall clealy but I think there was a thread similar to this
issue.  Assume that checkpoint was running concurrently, the
checkpoint can revive the just truncated blocks inadvertently with
bogus content.

reagards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi