Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal
Дата
Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 02:30:47PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 4:33 AM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
>> Patch applies, compiles, works for me. No further comments.
>>
>> I switched the patch as ready.
>
> Thanks a lot.

An issue with the patch as proposed is that its style is different
than what pg_rewind and pg_basebackup do in the same cases, but who
cares :)

By the way, the first patch sent on this thread had a bug when
redirecting the output of stderr to a log file because it was printing
a newline for each loop done on naccounts, but you just want to print
a log every 100 rows or 100k rows depending on if the quiet mode is
used or not, so the log file grew in size with mostly empty lines.  v3
does that correctly of course as you add the last character of one log
line each time the log entry is printed.

Another question I have is why doing only that for the data
initialization phase?  Wouldn't it make sense to be consistent with
the other tools having --progress and do the same dance in pgbench's
printProgressReport()?

NB: Note as well that pgindent complains for one thing, a newline
before the call to isatty.
--
Michael

Вложения