Re: Update minimum SSL version

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Update minimum SSL version
Дата
Re: Update minimum SSL version  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
Re: Update minimum SSL version  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:30:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> What's the impact going to be on buildfarm members with older openssl
> installations?  Perhaps "none", if they aren't running the ssl test
> suite, but we should be clear about it.

The buildfarm logs don't directly report the version of OpenSSL used
as far as I recalled, and a quick lookup shows that..  Anyway, I
recall that all Windows buildfarm members linking to OpenSSL use at
least 1.0.2 on HEAD.  For the others, I would be ready to suspect that
some of them are still using 0.9.8 and 1.0.0.

Anyway, as we still support OpenSSL down to 0.9.8 on HEAD, shouldn't
we just patch the SSL TAP tests to make sure that we don't enforce an
incorrect minimum version at configuration time?

[... thinks more ...]

Actually, no, what I am writing here is incorrect.  We should make
sure of that the default configuration is correct at initdb time, and
the patch does not do that.
--
Michael

Вложения