Re: 64 bit transaction id

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: 64 bit transaction id
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-11-04 19:39:18 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 10:04:09AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > And "without causing significant issues elsewhere" unfortunately
> > includes continuing to allow pg_upgrade to work.

> Yeah. I suppose we could have a different AM implementing this, but
> maybe that's not possible ...

Entirely possible. But the amount of code duplication / unnecessary
branching and the user confusion from two very similar AMs, would have
to be weighed against the benefits.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: 64 bit transaction id
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Missed check for too-many-children in bgworker spawning