Re: Re: BUG #15929: logical decoding can not write down the analyse result when the output file is touched.

От movead.li@highgo.ca
Тема Re: Re: BUG #15929: logical decoding can not write down the analyse result when the output file is touched.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

>I don't see a bug here. It's completely normal for a tool that writes to
>a file to continue writing into the file it started to write to. The
>reason that vi breaks that is presumably just that it renames the
>"edited" version into the place of the file that pg_recvlogical is still
>writing to.

It is the issue that the target file is changed but the 'pg_recvlogical'
process doesn't know it at all. So it streams all wal changes but writes
down nothing at last.

So I think we can recreate or reopen the changed file when there be
something wrong with the target file. And we can choose to kill the
'pg_recvlogical' process because it's no use at all now, or we should
give a warning to users at lease.

---
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
EMAIL: mailto:movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca