Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: format of pg_upgrade loadable_libraries warning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 05:37:46PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Oct  2, 2019 at 12:23:37PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Regarding the previous thread and commit here:
> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180713162815.GA3835%40momjian.us
> > https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=60e3bd1d7f92430b24b710ecf0559656eb8ed499
> >
> > I'm suggesting to reformat the warning, which I found to be misleading:
>
> Understood.  This is a general problem with the way pg_upgrade displays
> errors and the databases/objects associated with them.  The attached
> patch fixes the output text to say "in database", e.g.:
>
>   Could not load library "$libdir/pgfincore": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/pgfincore": No such file or
directory
>   in database: postgres
>   in database: too
>
> Would intenting help too?  I am inclined to fix this only head, and not
> to backpatch the change.

Yes, indenting would also help.

I would argue to include in 12.1, since 12 is what most everyone will use for
upgrades, and patch for .1 will help people upgrading for 11 of the next 12
months.  (But, your patch is more general than mine).

Thanks,
Justin

Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files
Сообщение: Re: Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and encrypted files