Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
Дата
Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two  (legrand legrand <legrand_legrand@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 09:57:57AM -0700, legrand legrand wrote:
> Does that mean that all processes seen in pg_stat_activity like
> - autovacuum launcher
> - logical replication launcher
> - background writer
> - checkpointer
> - walwriter
> - Parallel worker
> are available with that hook (it seems not) ?

All processes using PostgresMain() for their startup take this code
path like WAL senders and normal backend sessions, but not things
going through StartChildProcess() (WAL receiver, bgwriter, etc.) or
other processes like autovacuum processes which use a different start
code path.

> The patch refers to a 2017 copyright, that's all I found yet ;o)

Fixed, thanks!
--
Michael

Вложения