Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Two pg_rewind patches (auto generate recovery conf and ensureclean shutdown)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Thanks. I've updated the reset two patches and attached as v8.

Great, thanks.

> Note in the 2nd patch, the long option is changed as below. Both the option
> and description
> now seems to be more concise since we want db state as either DB_SHUTDOWNED
> or
> DB_SHUTDOWNED_IN_RECOVERY.
>
> "-s, --no-ensure-shutdowned     do not auto-fix unclean shutdown"

Note that "shutdowned" is incorrect English; we've let
it live in the code because it's not user-visible, but we should
certainly not immortalize it where it becomes so.  I suppose
"--no-ensure-shutdown" is okay, although I think some may prefer
"--no-ensure-shut-down".  Opinions from native speakers would be
welcome.  Also, let's expand "auto-fix" to "automatically fix" (or
"repair" if there's room in the line?  Not sure. Can be bikeshedded to
death I guess.)

Secondarily, I see no reason to test connstr_source rather than just
"conn" in the other patch; doing it the other way is more natural, since
it's that thing that's tested as an argument.

pg_rewind.c: Please put the new #include line keeping the alphabetical
order.