Re: Auxiliary Processes and MyAuxProc

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Auxiliary Processes and MyAuxProc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-26, Mike Palmiotto wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 9:49 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > 0002 seems way too large (and it doesn't currently apply).  Is there
> > something we can do to make it more manageable?
>
> Initially we were thinking of submitting one patch for the
> centralization work and then separate patches per backend type. We
> opted not to go that route, mainly because of the number of resulting
> patches (there were somewhere around 13 total, as I remember). If it
> makes sense, we can go ahead and split the patches up in that fashion
> after rebasing.

Well, I think it would be easier to manage as split patches, yeah.
I think it'd be infrastructure that needs to be carefully reviewed,
while the other ones are mostly boilerplate.  If I were the committer
for it, I would push that initial patch first immediately followed by
conversion of some process that's heavily exercised in buildfarm, wait
until lack of trouble is evident, followed by a trickle of pushes to
adapt the other processes.