Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-25, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 03:25:08PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > In 0003, empty string and NULL are not digtinguishable in psql
> > text output. It'd be better that the regression test checks that
> > the return is actually NULL using "is NULL" or "\pset null
> > '<null>'" or something like.
>
> For a patch whose purpose is to check after NULL, I missed to consider
> that...  Thanks!  I have just added a "\pset null NULL" because that's
> less bulky than the other option, and all the results properly show
> NULL, without any empty strings around.  I am not sending a new patch
> set just for that change though, and the most recent version is here:
> https://github.com/michaelpq/postgres/tree/objaddr_nulls

I have still to review this comprehensively, but one thing I don't quite
like is the shape of the new regression tests, which seem a bit too
bulky ... why not use the style elsewhere in that file, with a large
VALUES clause to supply input params for a single query?  That would be
a lot faster, too.