Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 03:25:08PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> In 0003, empty string and NULL are not digtinguishable in psql
> text output. It'd be better that the regression test checks that
> the return is actually NULL using "is NULL" or "\pset null
> '<null>'" or something like.

For a patch whose purpose is to check after NULL, I missed to consider
that...  Thanks!  I have just added a "\pset null NULL" because that's
less bulky than the other option, and all the results properly show
NULL, without any empty strings around.  I am not sending a new patch
set just for that change though, and the most recent version is here:
https://github.com/michaelpq/postgres/tree/objaddr_nulls
--
Michael

Вложения