Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 10:50:22PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2019-Sep-18, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> So, with the clock ticking and the release getting close by, what do
>> we do for this set of issues?  REINDEX, CREATE INDEX and CLUSTER all
>> try to build indexes and the current infrastructure is not really
>> adapted to hold all that.  Robert, Alvaro and Peter E, do you have any
>> comments to offer?
>
> Which part of it is not already fixed?

I can still see at least two problems.  There is one issue with
pgstat_progress_update_param() which gets called in reindex_table()
for a progress phase of CLUSTER, and this even if
REINDEXOPT_REPORT_PROGRESS is not set in the options.  Also it seems
to me that the calls to pgstat_progress_start_command() and
pgstat_progress_end_command() are at incorrect locations for
reindex_index() and that those should be one level higher on the stack
to avoid any kind of interactions with another command whose progress
has already started.
--
Michael

Вложения