Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 06:18:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sure, I saw that you can run one test that way ... but what do you
> do when you want the equivalent of check-world?

I think that it is a good idea to add in subdircheck an extra path to
check after TAP tests and run optionally these on top of the normal
regression tests.  I have a couple of comments.

+   # Look for TAP tests.
+   if ($config->{tap_tests} && -d "t")
+   {
+       print
"============================================================\n";
+       print "Running $module TAP tests\n";
+       my $status = tap_check(getcwd());
+       $mstat ||= $status;
+   }
Shouldn't we check after TAP_TESTS in the Makefile?

There is an argument to also check after isolation tests and run
them.  It seems to me that we should check after ISOLATION, and run
optionally the tests if there is anything present.  So we need
something like fetchTests() and fetchRegressOpts() but for isolation
tests.

The glob() part is a good idea in itself I think.  Why not
back-patching it?  I could double-check it as well.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests
Сообщение: Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests