Re: Contribution to Perldoc for TestLib module in Postgres

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Contribution to Perldoc for TestLib module in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Jul-30, Michael Paquier wrote:

> I think that the SYNOPSIS could be shaped better.  As of now it is a
> simple succession of the same commands listed without any link to each
> other, which is contrary for example to what we do in PostgresNode.pm,
> where it shows up a set of small examples which are useful to
> understand how to shape the tests and the possible interactions
> between the routines of the module.  My take would be to keep it
> simple and minimal as TestLib.pm is the lowest level of our TAP test
> infrastructure.

Agreed ... that's pretty much the same thing I tried to say upthread.  I
wrote my own synopsis, partly using your suggestions.  I reworded the
description for the routines (I don't think there's any I didn't touch),
added a mention of $windows_os, added a =head1 to split out the ad-hoc
routines from the Test::More wrappers.

And pushed.

Please give it another look.  It might need more polish.