Re: Matching pgp_sym_encrypt() and gpg2 output

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Matching pgp_sym_encrypt() and gpg2 output
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 02:05:28PM -0400, Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 1:33 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     I am trying to generate output from the command-line program gpg2 that
>     matches the output of pgp_sym_encrypt().  gpg2 outputs:
>
>             $ echo 'my access password' | tr -d '\n' | gpg2 --symmetric --batch
>             > --cipher-algo AES256 --passphrase 'abc' | xxd -p | tr -d '\n'
>

> I don't even get the same output on repeated execution of this same command, so
> I think you are pursuing a lost cause.

Ah, very good point.  I at least get the same first few bytes and same
length each time, so I never even looked at the trailing bytes, and you
are right that it isn't surprising they differ each time.

Anyway, I figured it out.  I was originally trying to use openssl to
match pgp_sym_encrypt(), and that wasn't working, and then when I
couldn't get the gpg2 bytes to match, I asked here.  Seems I got it
working with the attached SQL file.  Thanks.

Вложения