Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 04:48:31PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am not even clear if pg_upgrade preserving relfilenode is possible ---
> when we wrap the relfilenode counter, does it start at 1 or at the
> first-user-relation-oid?  If the former, it could conflict with oids
> assigned to new system tables in later major releases.  Tying the
> preservation of relations to two restrictions seems risky.

For the curious, when relfilenode wraps, it starts at
FirstNormalObjectId, because GetNewRelFileNode eventually calls
GetNewObjectId(), so the concern above is wrong, though this is not an
issue anymore.