Quoting style (was: Bulk Inserts)

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Quoting style (was: Bulk Inserts)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2019-08-10 21:01:50 -0600, Rob Sargent wrote:
>     On Aug 10, 2019, at 8:47 PM, Souvik Bhattacherjee <kivuosb@gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>
>     Hi Adrian,
>
>     Thanks for the response.
>
>     > Yes, but you will some code via client or function that batches the
>     > inserts for you.
>
>     Could you please elaborate a bit on how EXP 1 could be performed such that
>     it uses bulk inserts?
>
>     Best,
>     -SB
>
>     On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 7:26 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
>     wrote:

[70 lines of full quote removed]

> Top-posting (i.e. putting your reply at the top is discouraged here)

He didn't really top-post. He quoted the relevant part of Adrian's
posting and then wrote his reply below that. This is the style I prefer,
because it makes it really clear what one is replying to.

After his reply, he quoted Adrian's posting again, this time completely.
I think this is unnecessary and confusing (you apparently didn't even
see that he quoted something above his reply). But it's not as bad as
quoting everything below the answer (or - as you did - quoting
everything before the answer which I think is even worse: If I don't see
any original content within the first 100 lines or so I usually skip the
rest).

        hp

| |   | hjp@hjp.at         | management tools.

Вложения