Re: Problem with default partition pruning

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Problem with default partition pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-09, Amit Langote wrote:

> Hmm, oops.  I think that judgement was a bit too rushed on my part.  I
> unintentionally ended up making the partition constraint to *always*
> be fetched, whereas we don't need it in most cases.  I've reverted
> that change.

Yeah, I was quite confused about this point yesterday while I was trying
to make sense of your patches.

> RelOptInfo.partition_qual is poorly named in retrospect.
> :(  It's not set for all partitions, only those that are partitioned
> themselves.

Oh.  Hmm, I think this realization further clarifies things.

Since we're only changing this in the master branch anyway, maybe we can
find a better name for it.