Re: s/rewinded/rewound/?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: s/rewinded/rewound/?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-07, Tom Lane wrote:

> > To me this sounds like a classic non-English-native-speaker-mistake.  But
> > it seems at least the one in the docs come from Bruce, who definitely is...
>
> He might've just been committing somebody else's words without having
> reviewed carefully.

The commit message for 878bd9accb55 doesn't mention that.  He didn't
add a mailing list reference, but this is easy to find at
https://postgr.es/m/20160720180706.GF24559@momjian.us
I lean towards the view that he was using the literal program name as a
verb, rather than trying to decline a verb normally.  Note that the word
"rewound" did not appear in that SGML source when he committed that;
that was only introduced in bfc80683ce51 three years later.