Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 9)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 9)
Дата
Re: Fix typos and inconsistencies for HEAD (take 9)  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 12:33:34AM +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:
> 9.1. NAMESPACE_SQLXML -> remove (not used since the introduction in
> 355e05ab)

Looks important to keep as a matter of documentation.

> 9.12. not_point -> is_point (a contradiction with the check and a
> comment, appeared in 4c1383ef)

That would mean a breakage for anybody relying on it, so I would not
change that.

> 9.17. ntzones, zp -> zonecount, zpfirst

Nope, this is upstream code.

> 9.41. OWNER_TO -> OWNER TO

This one needs a back-patch.  I'll fix that separately.

> 9.43. PageClearPrunable -> remove (not used since 6f10eb21)

Better to keep it.  Some extensions may rely on it, and it costs
nothing to keep around.

> 9.75. Point-in-Time -> Point-In-Time

Why?  The original looks correct to me.

> 9.76. PO_FILES, ALL_PO_FILES -> remove (orphaned since 4e1c7207, 5dd41f35)

I am wondering if there are external things relying on that.  So I
have let them.

> 9.88. PRETTY_SCHEMA -> remove (not used since the introduction in 3d2aed66)

This should be kept for consistent IMO.  Even if not used yet, it
could be used for future patches.

> 9.94. px_hmac_block_size, px_hmac_reset -> remove (not used since the
> introduction in df24cb73)

Hm.  I think that it makes sense to keep them for consistency with the
other structures and callback reference lookups, and these macros may
prove to be useful for future patches.

> Also, please fix my typo (from the previous set), that was somehow
> silted through a double check.

Which one is that, please?  It is likely possible that some obvious
stuff has been forgotten.

Committed a large bunch of this stuff.  Please note that the
indentation was incorrect in a couple of places, including the change
in src/tools/msvc/.
--
Michael

Вложения