Re: Multivariate MCV list vs. statistics target

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Multivariate MCV list vs. statistics target
Дата
Re: Multivariate MCV list vs. statistics target  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 05:25:31PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:

>> > The patch passed the make-world and regression tests as well.
>> > I've marked this as "ready for committer".
>>
>> The patch does not apply anymore.
>
>Based on the above, it sounds like this patch is super close and the
>only problem is bitrot, so I've set it back to Ready for Committer.
>Over to Tomas to rebase and commit, or move to the next CF if that's
>more appropriate.

I'll move it to the next CF. Aside from the issues pointed by Kyotaro-san
in his review, I still haven't made my mind about whether to base the use
statistics targets set for the attributes. That's what we're doing now,
but I'm not sure it's a good idea after adding separate statistics target.
I wonder what Dean's opinion on this is, as he added the current logic.

regards