Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Дата
Re: Maliing list request: pgsql-forks@
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

On 2019-07-31 00:43:11 +0000, Nasby, Jim wrote:
> My concern about calling this -extensions is that it’s really meant for people that are at least at the level of C
extensions(and probably only those making use of hooks). That’s a relatively small number of extensions, even if they
aresome of the most important extensions.

My concern with this proposed list is that I'm not clear what is gained
by having it separate. If it's effectively mainly about how to best
survive being a fork, I don't see why pg.o should host it. If it's
mainly about making postgres more extensible, I don't think it's good to
have this discussion separate from -hackers, that'll just lead to
proposing changes that won't fly (or all more senior hackers need to
subscribe).

Greetings,

Andres Freund