Re: fsync error handling in pg_receivewal, pg_recvlogical

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: fsync error handling in pg_receivewal, pg_recvlogical
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 02:23:05PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Yeah, there is more to do.  The reason I'm focusing on these two right
> now is that they would typically run as a background service, and a
> clean exit is most important there.  In the other cases, the program
> runs more often in the foreground and you can see error messages.  There
> are also some cases where fsync() failures are intentionally ignored
> ((void) casts), so some of that would need to be investigated further.

The remaining three calls all go through file_utils.c.

> Here is a patch to get started.  Note that these calls don't go through
> file_utils.c, so it's a separate issue anyway.

Why using a different error code.  Using EXIT_FAILURE is a more common
practice in the in-core binaries.  The patch looks fine to me except
that, that's a good first cut.
--
Michael

Вложения