Re: BUG #15768: Removed rpms and now require /etc/redhat-release

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #15768: Removed rpms and now require /etc/redhat-release
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2019-Apr-18, Matt Harter wrote:

> Well whether or not it is officially supported, it still works on amazon linux, and since their default repositories
arebehind on postgres (which of course is really an amazon limitation) we have to manually add the repository.  Since
therecent change that added a required dependency (which is clearly NOT required for amazon linux), our previously
workingdeploy pipelines are now blocked/broken.  We have temporarily mitigated the issue by using rpm and explicitly
ignoringthe repositories dependencies, but that seems like a band-aid fix for the real problem which is that dependency
shouldn’tbe there.  Why does a repository need to enforce the os it is on?  If a consumer wants to do something “wrong”
oragainst the documented way to do things, their issues are their problem.

I agree, and adding such a dep sounds like a strange change to make.
What was the rationale for that?

От: "Rozboril, Robert"
Сообщение: RE: PostgreSQL v11.3 - Records are deleted from child table ifpartition key of parent table is changed
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition