Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-06-17 14:34:58 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> > On 2019-06-14 23:14:09 +0100, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> > > So here is my current proposed fix.
> >
> > Before pushing a commit that's controversial - and this clearly seems to
> > somewhat be - it'd be good to give others a heads up that you intend to
> > do so, so they can object. Rather than just pushing less than 24h later,
> > without a warning.
>
> Seems like that would have meant a potentially very late commit to avoid
> having a broken (for some value of broken anyway) point release (either
> with new code, or with reverting the timezone changes previously
> committed), which isn't great either.

> In general, I agree with you, and we should try to give everyone time to
> discuss when something is controversial, but this seems like it was at
> least a bit of a tough call.

Hm? All I'm saying is that Andrew's email should have included something
to the effect of "Due to the upcoming release, I'm intending to push and
backpatch the attached fix in ~20h".

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Сообщение: Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)