Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: UCT (Re: pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release2019a.)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Andres Freund (andres@anarazel.de) wrote:
> On 2019-06-14 23:14:09 +0100, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> > So here is my current proposed fix.
>
> Before pushing a commit that's controversial - and this clearly seems to
> somewhat be - it'd be good to give others a heads up that you intend to
> do so, so they can object. Rather than just pushing less than 24h later,
> without a warning.

Seems like that would have meant a potentially very late commit to avoid
having a broken (for some value of broken anyway) point release (either
with new code, or with reverting the timezone changes previously
committed), which isn't great either.

In general, I agree with you, and we should try to give everyone time to
discuss when something is controversial, but this seems like it was at
least a bit of a tough call.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения