Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr
Дата
Re: fix psql \conninfo & \connect when using hostaddr  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 01:59:20PM +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:46 AM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

> > > Although I guess it can be avoided by `-reuse-previous=off`, probably it
> > > makese sense to update the docs.
> >
> > Yep, that is one option. The other is to revert or alter the subtle
> > change, but ISTM that it made sense in some use case, so I wanted some
> > time to think about it and test.
>
> Sure, no one argue that the behaviour should be changed, it's only about the
> documentation part.

No, I was arguing that a behavior should revert back its v11 behavior:

\connect mydb myuser myhost
-- should resolve "myhost" again, like it did in v11
\connect

\connect "dbname=mydb host=myhost hostaddr=127.0.0.1"
-- ok to reuse hostaddr=127.0.0.1; I agree that's a feature
\connect