Re: openssl valgrind failures on skink are due to openssl issue

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: openssl valgrind failures on skink are due to openssl issue
Дата
Re: openssl valgrind failures on skink are due to openssl issue  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-06-11 16:55:28 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I can't think of a better way to fix skink for now than just disabling
> > openssl for skink, until 1.1.1d is released.
>
> Couldn't you install a local valgrind exclusion matching this stack trace?

Unfortunately no. The error spreads through significant parts of openssl
*and* postgres, because it taints the returned random value, which then
is used in a number of places. We could try to block all of those, but
that seems fairly painful. And one, to my knowledge, cannot do valgrind
suppressions based on the source of uninitialized memory.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Adaptive query optimization
Сообщение: Re: Adaptive query optimization