Re: Adaptive query optimization

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: Adaptive query optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,
this seems very interesting and make me think about 2 other projets:
- https://github.com/trustly/pg_badplan
- https://github.com/ossc-db/pg_plan_advsr

As I understand all this, there are actually 3 steps:
- compare actual / estimated rows
- suggests some statistics gathering modification
- store optimised plans (or optimized stats) for reuse

I really like the "advisor Idea", permitting to identify where statistics
are wrong
and how to fix them with ANALYZE command.
Is there a chance that some futur Optimizer  / statistics improvements
make thoses "statistics advices" enough to get good plans (without having to
store live stats
or optimized plan) ?

Thanks in advance
Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

Сообщение: Re: openssl valgrind failures on skink are due to openssl issue
Сообщение: Re: openssl valgrind failures on skink are due to openssl issue