Re: Should MSVC 2019 support be an open item for v12?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Should MSVC 2019 support be an open item for v12?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 11:53:51PM +0200, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> El mar., 21 may. 2019 23:06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escribió:
>> Given the number of different people that have sent in patches
>> for building with VS2019, it doesn't seem to me that we ought
>> to let that wait for v13.
>
> I am not so sure if there are actually that many people or it's just me
> making too much noise about this single issue, if that is the case I want
> to apologize.

Well, you are the second person caring enough about that matter and
post a patch on the lists, so my take is that there is no need to wait
for v13 to open, and that we should do that now also because support
for new MSVC versions gain back-patching.  Something I think we should
have is also a new animal running VS2019 (no plans to maintain one
myself).  I can take care of this patch, I just need to set up a VM
with this version of MSVC to make sure that it works..  One thing we
need to be careful is handling of local on Windows, this stuff changes
more or less at each release of VS.
--
Michael

Вложения