Re: pgindent run next week?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgindent run next week?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-05-17 13:47:02 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
 > > Would we want to also apply this to the back branches to avoid spurious
> > conflicts?
>
> I dunno, how far back are you thinking?  I've occasionally wished we
> could reindent all the back branches to match HEAD, but realistically,
> people carrying out-of-tree patches would scream.

I somehow thought we'd backpatched pgindent changes before, around when
moving to the newer version of indent. But I think we might just have
discussed that, and then didn't go for it...

Not sure if a three-way merge wouldn't take care of many, but not all,
the out-of-tree patch concerns.

Greetings,

Andres Freund