Re: [HACKERS] Unlogged tables cleanup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Unlogged tables cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:52:21AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I was wrong here - I thought we WAL logged the main fork creation even
> for unlogged tables. I think it's foolish that we don't, but we don't.

Why?  The main fork is not actually necessary, and the beginning of
recovery would make sure that any existing main fork gets removed and
that the main fork gets recreated by copying it from the init fork,
which is WAL-logged.  So we definitely have to log the init fork, but
logging the main fork is just useless data in the WAL record.  Or you
have something else in mind?
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal
Сообщение: Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal