Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 11:28:51PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> OK, that's fair.  The SIG_DFL change I suggested will fix that problem
> for SIGINT etc (except SIGQUIT, for which you should be *expecting*
> a core file).  I agree with Michael that we do not wish to change what
> happens for an internal error; but external signals do not represent
> a bug in PG, so forcing a PANIC for those seems unwarranted.

No objections from here to change the signal handlers.  Still, I would
like to understand why the bootstrap process has been signaled to
begin with, particularly for an initdb, which is not really something
that should happen on a server where an instance runs.  If you have a
too aggressive monitoring job, you may want to revisit that as well,
because it is able to complain just with an initdb.
--
Michael

Вложения