Re: ERROR: failed to add item to the index page

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: ERROR: failed to add item to the index page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-04-30 20:54:45 +0200, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> På tirsdag 30. april 2019 kl. 19:58:31, skrev Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie
> <mailto:pg@bowt.ie>>: On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:59 AM Peter Geoghegan
> <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>  > I'll start investigating the problem right away.
>
>  I have found what the problem is. I simply neglected to make a
>  conservative assumption about suffix truncation needing to add a heap
>  TID to a leaf page's new high key in nbtsort.c (following commit
>  dd299df8189), even though I didn't make the same mistake in
>  nbtsplitloc.c. Not sure how I managed to make such a basic error.
>
>  Andreas' test case works fine with the attached patch. I won't push a
>  fix for this today.
>
>  --
>  Peter Geoghegan Nice, thanks! --
>  Andreas Joseph Krogh

Andreas, unfortunately your emails are pretty unreadable. Check the
quoted email, and the web archive:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/VisenaEmail.41.51d7719d814a1f54.16a6f98a5e9%40tc7-visena

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Re: ERROR: failed to add item to the index page
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since9.6