Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since9.6

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: REINDEX INDEX results in a crash for an index of pg_class since9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-04-29 15:09:24 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2019-04-29 18:07:07 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I wrote:
> >
> > > Seems generally about right.
> >
> > Andres, are you pushing this forward?  Next week's minor releases
> > are coming up fast, and we're going to need to adapt the HEAD patch
> > significantly for the back branches AFAICS.  So there's little time
> > to spare.
>
> Yea. I'm testing the backbranch'd bits (much simpler) and writing the
> commit message atm.

I've pushed the master bits, and the other branches are running
check-world right now and I'll push soon unless something breaks (it's a
bit annoying that <= 9.6 can't run check-world in parallel...).

Turns out, I was confused, and there wasn't much pre-existing breakage
in RelationSetNewRelfilenode() (I guess I must have been thinking of
ATExecSetTableSpace?). That part was broken in d25f519107, I should have
caught this while reviewing and signficantly evolving the code in that
commit, mea culpa.

Greetings,

Andres Freund