Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10

От Matthias Apitz
Тема Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El día sábado, abril 27, 2019 a las 06:22:00a. m. -0700, Adrian Klaver escribió:

> On 4/27/19 12:58 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm investigating on a SuSE Linux SLES 12 server if we could add support
> > for PostgreSQL 10 to our Library Management System (currently running on top
> > of Oracle 12 and Sybase 15.7) using all kind of languages and API one could imagine.
> >
> > I've up and running the server and figured out how to connect (apart of
> > psql) with:
> >
> > - C code to run SQL commands from char strings
> > - ESQL/C code to embed SQL statements into C
> > - JDBC
> >
> > To get Perl's DBD::Pg compiled now I really do need the pg_config tool,
> > but I can't figure out how to get it. I see the following RPM (the ones
> > with an 'i' or 'i+' are installed):
>
> Did the compile process complain about not finding pg_config?

Yes:

Running Makefile.PL
Path to pg_config?
Configuring DBD::Pg 3.7.4
PostgreSQL version: 0 (default port: 0)
POSTGRES_HOME: /usr/pgsql-10
POSTGRES_INCLUDE: /usr/pgsql-10/include
POSTGRES_LIB: /usr/pgsql-10/lib
OS: linux
Could not determine the PostgreSQL library version.

> What happens if you run?:
>
> whereis pg_config

whereis pg_config
pg_config:

I also looked as root with find from / ... there is no pg_config
o the server and not in the installed RPM.

Meanwhile I fetched the full source of 10.4 and can build it, but ofc
this shows the data of *my* build and not the installed version:

apitzm@srap16dxr1:~/Postgres/postgresql-10.4> ./src/bin/pg_config/pg_config
BINDIR = /home/apitzm/Postgres/postgresql-10.4/src/bin/pg_config
DOCDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc
HTMLDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/share/doc
INCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/local/pgsql/include

But, I have an idea, I will write a simulated 'pg_config' which punches
the values of the installation when asked :-)

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10
Сообщение: Re: Missing pg_config on SuSE SLES 12 for PostgreSQL 10