Re: Too many serialization errors in production

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Too many serialization errors in production
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2019-Apr-25, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 2019-Apr-22, pavan95 wrote:
>
> > Do you mean this to be a bug?
>
> A bug fixed two years ago, yeah.

Let me correct myself.  What I fixed two years ago was some spurious
occurrences of the reported message.  However, the same error message
can be returned in other circumstances, and I suspect many of them would
not be spurious.  Therefore, my suggestion is:

1. if you're on a release older than the bugfix, then upgrade and try
again.

2. if you're already on a release with that problem fixed, then
investigate and to determine whether (some of?) the occassions on which
the error is raised are spurious.

3. if you find some occassions on which they are spurious, see if you
can do something to fix that (say, increment # of predicate locks in
postgresql.conf; maybe fix some other bug).