Re: Regression test PANICs with master-standby setup on samemachine

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Regression test PANICs with master-standby setup on samemachine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 23 Apr 2019 16:08:18 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote in <20190423070818.GM2712@paquier.xyz>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 11:00:03PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > FWIW, I think the right fix for this is to simply drop the requirement
> > that tablespace paths need to be absolute. It's not buying us anything,
> > it's just making things more complicated. We should just do a simple
> > check against the tablespace being inside PGDATA, and leave it at
> > that. Yes, that can be tricked, but so can the current system.
>
> convert_and_check_filename() checks after that already, mostly.  For
> TAP tests I am not sure that this would help much though as all the
> nodes of a given test use the same root path for their data folders,
> so you cannot just use "../hoge/" as location.  We already generate a
> warning when a tablespace is in a data folder, as this causes issues
> with recursion lookups of base backups.  What do you mean in this
> case?  Forbidding the behavior?

Isn't it good enough just warning when we see pg_tblspc twice
while scanning? The check is not perfect for an "abosolute path"
that continas '/./' above pgdata directory.

For TAP tests, we can point generated temporary directory by
"../../<tmpdirsname>".

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi