Re: clean up docs for v12

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: clean up docs for v12
Дата
Re: clean up docs for v12  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 09:18:28AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Find attached updated patches for v12 docs.

Thanks for taking the time to dig into such things.

> Note that Alvaro applied an early patch for log_statement_sample_rate, but
> unfortunately I hadn't sent a v2 patch with additional change from myon, so
> there's one remaining hunk included here.

This was in 0001.  Committed separately from the rest as the author
and discussion are different.

> If needed I can split up differently for review, or resend a couple on separate
> threads, or resend inline.
>
> Patches are currently optimized for review, but maybe should be squished into
> one and/or reindented before merging.

That's helpful.  However most of what you are proposing does not seem
necessary, and the current phrasing looks correct English to me, but I
am not a native speaker.  I am particularly referring to patches 0005
(publications use "a superuser" in error messages as well which could
be fixed as well?), 0006, 0007, 0008, 0011 and 0012.  I have committed
the most obvious mistakes extracted your patch set though.

Here are some comments about portions which need more work based on
what I looked at.

-        * Check if's guaranteed the all the desired attributes are available in
+        * Check if it's guaranteed that all the desired attributes are available in
         * tuple. If so, we can start deforming. If not, need to make sure to
     * fetch the missing columns.
Here I think that we should have "Check if all the desired attributes
are available in the tuple." for the first sentence.

     * If this is the first attribute, slot->tts_nvalid was 0. Therefore
-    * reset offset to 0 to, it be from a previous execution.
+    * also reset offset to 0, it may be from a previous execution.
The last part should be "as it may be from a previous execution"?

Andres, perhaps you have comments on these?
--
Michael

Вложения